Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Catching up

So it's been a bit since I wrote so I thought I would do a catch up session.  Jacob is doing ok after the passing of Bull and we have been to look at some dogs.  Mom put some size restrictions on the dog so we were looking at some pomapoo or shih poo type dogs until we got to Animal Welfare.  We were just going to look, yes I know Holly you warned me there is no such thing as looking, but Jacob fell in love with a long hair dachshund/ lab mix that he would like to name Hudson. She is 6 months old and very spunky.  Jacob unfortunately can not decide if he wants her badly enough to get his room cleaned up so the dog doesnt get lost or eat something like a lego and choke.  Secretly I hope she is still there when he does get his room clean because she was very cute.

I also never told the story of the corn.  Yes its kind of like children of the corn without the spooky theme music.  Back near Mother's Day Kyle planted some plants at school as part mother's day gift part science project.  Instead of choosing a flower for his mom Kyle chose corn to help feed his destitute family, thoughtful child that he is.   He brought them home and very nicely planted them in mom's wine barrel right by the front door.  At this point I did not realize they were corn.  As they got taller and taller I came to realize what they were and was pretty stuck with them in the wine barrel and figured they were at least green unlike many of the other plants in my front yard including the grass.  As actual ears of corn began we realized that we would get about 6 ears of corn, one for each child, and they were pretty excited about watching them grow and that at some point they would get to eat them.  One ear of corn went mutant for some unknown reason and Jess, unknown to her, was selflessly going to give up her ear of corn.  This ear actually looked like some kind of white styrofoam version of corn and got pretty gross looking but all that aside we were still excited about the corn.  Until last week that is.  I was enjoying a quiet moment on my comfy lawn chair and thinking what a great fall sound the rustling of the corn was and how it would make a great back drop for a fall scarecrow and turned to look fondly at Kyle's corn plants.  Thats when I noticed they seemed to be moving.  At closer inspection the corn was infested with grasshoppers.  Locusts!!!!!  My crop had been infected with the one of the Ten Plagues of Egypt...number eight to be specific!!!!  Ok people I know I have had kind of a bad run lately....divorce..online dating not going so well...crossdressers..kid with a bald spot...losing our dog...but a plague???  What could I possibly have done in a past life to have deserved this??  Nina my dear friend is convinced I was some sort of marriage breaking animal torturing serial killer.  I am hoping that rule of bad things in threes has got to give out at some multiple level.....4 groups of 3 things??

On a brighter note, ok not really but whatever, I am not seeing the hottie I had gone out on a few dates with anymore.  I am not looking for someone who's ego I have to boost all the time or someone who doesn't understand I have a busy schedule and I can't just always drive and hour to and from his place. So what I have learned from online dating.....Chat online to get to know each other, If you email someone and they dont email back dont take it personally, do not open all your parameters to only require breathing and not currently in jail, and just cuz someone has a good personality online doesnt mean that translates into real life.
I honestly believe I will find someone who will appreciate, respect, and love me at some point and be able to accept my kids and my chaotic life too. If they are willing to wear a kilt while they do all that loving and respecting stuff that is a huge bonus. I am in no big hurry, good things come to those who wait. In the meantime they will all make great blog material. 

1 comment: