Wednesday, April 6, 2011

just when ya think it can't get worse.....

It actually gets better!!!! Knock on wood.  I am really quite grateful that things seem to be turning around and i would like to thank all my family and friends for being there for me when i need them and hope that you all know i would do the same for you.

I don't often have a good Jacob story cuz the kid is just so freaking mellow but i got one and i am sure he will be mortified that i am posting about him.  He calls me after school the other day and tells me he got pulled over by the police.  Now Jacob is 14 so not driving, so I calmly ask for clarification and not jump to conclusions that he was being a clown and got himself into trouble doing something stupid.  So he tells me he is walking home and crosses Roberts Road with about five of his friends. The police officer stops the boys and singles out Jacob for not crossing with the crossing guard and for skipping across the street.  He takes Jacob's name and school and grade and tells Jacob he hopes he gets suspended.  Really???  Let me just throw out there that this is the same police officer that pulled me over for being on my cell phone within four blocks of a school.  I wasnt on my cell phone cuz it was on the charger....at home!!!!  I am still a bit hesitant to take Jacob's story at face value but his wonderful sister Kait actually acted as his witness and said the boys crossed safely and werent screwing around in traffic or anything.  Now i realize Bridgeview isnt a high crime area but if our police officers have nothing better to do then stop and pick on boys, only one out of 5 mind you, he didnt take any of the other boys names just Jacob's, couldnt they find something better to do????  I of course did the right thing and told Jacob that i hoped he was respectful to the police officer and had only one explanation as to why the officer only took his name......cuz his hair is so freaking long!!!
Makes perfect sense right??

No comments:

Post a Comment