Sunday, April 10, 2011

aaahhhhhh spring

I hope everyone enjoyed Chicagoland's first taste of spring!! What a beautiful day...went hiking with the kids...hung with a friend and her kids...had mac and cheese my favorite food next to super cheesylicious pizza.  Who could ask for a better day??!!  I love that spring brings hope and freshness and new beginnings.  It just seems like everything is going to be better and I feel like my karma has finally turned around.

For those of you keeping up with my dating life, I did decide to meet with the guy that dumped me Valentine's day.  So the story is that he had some family issues going on...he comes from a family of 7.....and didnt mean for it to be a blow off.  Just that he would call me as soon as he got home and explain, then it would be too late to call, then it was a few days had gone by , the a few weeks, then he just felt like an ass cuz he hadnt called.  I took it at face value and he did apologize.  Well then he canceled on me on friday to go out with his brother.  Ok fine.  Then i get drunk phone calls at 3am!!! Then drunk texts!!!Now anyone who knows me knows i like my sleep, love it, want more of it.  So ok he's drunk doesnt remember that i love my sleep, but then he calls at 7am to apologize for calling at 3am!!! holy moly dude!!! what are you not getting???  You want to call me on a Saturday?? call me at like 10...11 to be safe and catch me after my first coke and make sure i am fully awake and speaking logically.  Ughhh why to some men have to be so thick??  So i have written this little episode off to experience, if we happen to go out on a few more dates fine and if not thats fine too.  He's a nice guy and it would be ok with me if we stayed friends but nothing serious is going to come of this. Oh well his loss.

So on to my contemplative topic for the day, and listen up you divorced parents!!  I am writing this from my perspective as a mom but his holds true for any dads who are in the same boat.  I know a bunch of mom's who after their divorces have their kids full time and feel guilty about going out and dating because they feel their kids need them.  Now keep in mind this has nothing to do with how involved or not involved the other parent is please cuz that is really not the point. My point is merely to point out that yes our kids need us but you cant put your life on hold until they are gone.  There are a lot of women out there who have put all dating and relationships on hold until their kids were older and now regret it because their kids have lives of their own and they don't.  Their ex's have gone on and gotten remarried and started new lives and here they are in the 40's and 50's and are trying to get back into the dating pool and are worried they are going to spend the rest of their lives alone.  Now ladies (and men) let's take a look at my life here.  I honestly think i will find someone who will 1. accept me as I am 2. accept my children 3. accept my ex and how involved he is in my life 4. accept my children....i have a lot of kids...it should take up 2 spots.    Now if there is someone out there for me I know there is someone out there for all of you.  People in nursing homes find new loves!!! Dont give up hope.....find a club...wine tasting...book club...church's single parents group....get out there!! Send out good vibes into the universe, pray for the right person to be put into your path, whatever it is you believe in ask for patience with your search and the courage to start it.  I still believe in love and romance and all that sappy stuff so dont give up hope!!! Its spring....love is in the air!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment